… this conversation is somewhat confusing, as it seems to be playing hopscotch across the line between humour and seriousness with gleeful abandon/steely-eyed determination. It’s all grey area in Garradtown.
Jon Garrad lives in South Wales, just outside Abergavenny. A former teacher, recovering Goth and lifelong spod, he is very bad at introducing himself, but surprisingly good at features journalism, line editing, literary and media criticism, fundraising, and the two-step shuffle.
He is also available for hire in any of these capacities, except maybe the dancing.
Here are some of the things he’s done.
- A multimedia essay at Reimagining Gothic’s Gothic Spaces conference
- Curriculum design for GEMS Education
- Writing and copy editing for Future Content
- Reviews and essays for Mythlore, the journal of the Mythopoeic Society
- A chapter on E. R. Eddison in Baptism of Fire from Mythopoeic Press
- A solo panel on fantasy games and economic recession at ArmadaCon 23
- Two turns as auctioneer at Dice and Decks Gaming Club’s charity events
- Two stints as a fundraiser and one as a local volunteer co-ordinator for the Green Party of England and Wales
- A presentation on necromancy and Christian death at Religion – Belief – Superstition
- Two Doctor Who fanworks (audio plays) as writer, and another half a dozen as performer
- A whole page in the Principia Discordia
- A whole story in The Maker’s Mark: Remnants, which he also edited
Email jongarradATgmailDOTcom to open negotiations.